The Hoperatives sent me this link and I’ve been giggling over it every since. In all seriousness, there are good restaurant websites– and bad ones. My personal pet peeves:
- PDF Menus
- Flash (for two reasons: there are so many bad Flash websites, and I can’t see them on my iPhone or iPad)
As you can imagine, I look at a lot of restaurant websites. I won’t point out individual websites locally, but many folks could take a note from the tumblr Never Said About Restaurant Websites.
The best websites?
- Have days/hours of service
- Have a menu of some sort, even if it says “menu changes daily”, just to give us an idea. No PDFs, nothing Flash-based.
- Are updated regularly
- Point to social media presences like Facebook or Twitter. If your website just points me to Facebook, where you update things daily? I am totally okay with this.
- Have a mobile version (how often do you whip out a phone to figure out where you’re going to eat?)
Make it easy for your customers to find you, figure out what you serve, and when you’re open and it’s a win.