We’ve been vacationing yearly in Paris for four years now. We do a lot of the same things, but are always eager to try new ones as well. It’s such a great food city– big “duh” there– but here are a few of our favorites.
5. Ice Cream at Berthillon: the richest vanilla, and chocolate that has so much cocoa it sticks to the roof of your mouth. A similar technique to our hometown favorites, but far better.
4. Breton crepes at Ty Breiz. Get the little two-top next to the man who makes the crepes. Fascinating to watch, better to eat. And don’t skip dessert: their Faulgiere crepes (amarena cherries, Berthillon vanilla and whipped cream) are worth breaking any diet for.
3. Macarons at Laduree. The line is worth it, since you get to sample chocolates as you wait.
2. Des Gateaux et Du Pain. Terry waxes rhapsodic about their croissants, which are truly the best. We eat them every morning when we’re here. If we switch hotels to another area next year, I have a feeling he’ll hop on the Metro to grab them. They’re that good.
1. 1728, a French-Asian fusion menu, classic French surroundings, housed in the former home of the Marquis de Lafayette. Inventive cuisine, and an excellent backdrop for our wedding last night.
Yes, you read that correctly. 🙂
Happy New Year!