If you’re not into the Gift Certificate thing, don’t forget their Virtual Food Drive. Donald over at the Cincinnati Blog issued a blogger’s challenge. If you’d like to give, head over to the Virtual Food Drive and post how much you’ve given here (if you’d like) in order to keep track of our friendly, prizeless competition.
Short on funds? Yeah, our economic woes will do that. Head over to Cincinnati Women Bloggers and vote for FreestoreFoodbank to be the beneficiary of the proceeds raised by their Holiday social.
Any questions about what they do? Here are some handy facts:
- Is the region’s largest emergency food provider
- Distributes food and products to a total population of approximately 160,000 individuals through 400 nonprofit member agencies such as soup kitchens, shelters, food pantries, childcare/eldercare centers, community centers and residential programs who serve their local neighborhoods.
- Channels 10 million pounds of food and products each year into the homes of the Tri-State’s neediest neighbors.
- Was founded in 1971, and serves 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. The FreestoreFoodbank operates Ohio’s third largest food bank, as well as an Emergency Client Services Center in Over-the-Rhine.
- Provides more than 2,500 meals to children from low-income families each week at 13 Kids Cafe sites.
- Is Ohio’s only food bank to offer needy individuals and families a full spectrum of wrap-around services, ensuring that the FreestoreFoodbank’s interaction with its clients does not end with its emergency food relief.
- Assists clients with issues such as housing, clothing, Food Stamp acquisition, transportation, counseling, healthcare access, substance abuse treatment, advocacy and crisis intervention.